Information market | Workshop | Interviews
Who we are and what we do
Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. We’re motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what’s most important to them.
We run our business in much the same way. Our employees come as they are and do what they love. Imagine the opportunities you’ll have in a company with more than 100,000 employees in more than 100 countries, working on hundreds of products—spanning games, phones, developer tools, business solutions and operating systems. We work hard, but we value work/life balance, and each of us defines what that means to us. So why not explore what we do, where we do it, and what life is really like at Microsoft. You just might be surprised.
Internship@Microsoft is looking for committed people with initiative and drive. Our applicants should have a genuine passion for technology, analytical thinking, interest towards communication skills and team projects. Passion is the common ingredient among our colleagues, and if you’ve got it, then whatever your particular skills are, we’ll find the perfect home for them! Length of the internship: 6 month, start date January/ February or September/ October.
Our Graduate Program will offers you the opportunity to join Microsoft on a real job role working on customer facing technologies including all areas information technology (IT).
On top of your role you’ll have the chance to attend three international training weeks during your first 18 to 24 months. These bring together a community of thousands of graduates from over 60 countries, enabling you to build a global network of contacts and to gain exposure to real Microsoft business activities and leaders in the world!
Opportunities in information technology
Our technology helps to empower customers through you. These positions give you the opportunity to have an impact on both internal and external customers. You are the kind of person who can’t help but inspire people with the power and potential of technology. You’re hardwired to share with them how a program or new piece of hardware can improve their lives or businesses. Here, you can use your gift to become a trusted client advisor, supporting our customers and keeping our company growing in more than 100 countries around the world.
Typical roles within the stream of Customer Facing Technologies are: associate consultant, Technical Account Manager, Technical Account Manager, Support Engineer.
- A Bachelor’s or Master´s degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT or electrical engineering or related fields (within six months of graduation) U enrolled in university during the internship)
- Strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills
- Passion for technology and for collaborating with external customers, such as a student technology consultant role or job
- Technical background, e.g. with software coding experience in both class work and external projects
- Experience with two or more of the following: network and desktop operating systems, information worker applications, database systems, messaging, management and operations, security
- Microsoft Product Certification, MCSE or other technical certifications preferred
- Skills in VB, C/C++/C#, ActiveX, COD/DCOM and/or XML or other development skills preferred
- Confidence to manage executive relationships, both internally and with customers, to create business transformation
- Full work authorization to work in The Netherlands
- Fluency in English and Dutch