- Biology & Life Sciences
- Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
- Medical and biological microscopic research
Number of employees:
- Worldwide: 18
- The Netherlands: 18
Location in The Netherlands:
- Hilversum (next to railstation and A27)
Operates in the following countries:
SVI is market leader in microscopic imaging with its Huygens software. All development, sales and support is done in-house. Our customers are top researchers working in life -sciences all over the world. We’re looking for colleagues who want to stay in touch with science while building a career selling and supporting the internationally renowned Huygens software.
We’re also looking for excellent developers with a strong background in (optical) physics and math. Trainees are welcome and will join a great team thus making their traineeship successful from the start. Often trainees decide to stay with us after their traineeship ends.
SVI, based in greater Amsterdam develops and supports the Huygens software for lifescience researchers throughout the world. So if you are interested in a career in life-sciences at the cross road of science, programming and excellent customer relations and within a dedicated company of ~20 people, do not miss this workshop.
You will learn how to analyze microscopic images with the aid of the Huygens package. You will use it to gain much more detail and apply it for quantitative analysis. on specimen as small as a cell nucleus or see through entire organoids (‘mini-organs’).
Our customers work to solve diseases like cancer, neurological disorders, blood diseases etc. and use Huygens as an important tool.
If time permits you will also be invited to write a small code example and execute that yourself during this workshop to get the look and feel of writing code within Huygens.
Via both methods you will feel what our clients experience and realize why they are using the Huygens package on a daily basis for their research.
Exciting position for a Scientific Consultant (Image processing Software)
If you have experience in image processing and/or microscopy, are interested in a consultancy position, and if you like to work for scientists that work in the top life science institutes worldwide, you might be the person we’re looking for. You are a strong communicator and a team-player. At SVI, you will become an internationally recognized imaging specialist, who helps scientists to get the most out of their data and guide them through the purchasing process.
The job is office-based (Hilversum, The Netherlands) and includes occasional traveling to conferences and meetings. You’ll get the opportunity to work in an environment with highly motivated, competent and experienced colleagues, and make a real difference for our customers. You’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and facing the exclusive challenge of making it accessible to a wide audience.
- An exciting consultancy & support position in the field of microscopy, become an internationally recognized imaging specialist and deepen you scientific background
- Full time position with partially a competitive commission-based salary
- Training on the job by our imaging specialists and consultancy team in a pleasant working environment
- Occasional international traveling to conferences & meetings
- Key Responsibilities:
- Gain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Huygens Software
- Provide technical training and support to prospects and customers via phone, email and web conferencing
- Develop new business, quote and drive leads using consultative selling
- Follow up on inbound leads from multiple channels: email, telephone, website, online articles, events and social media
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to maintain longterm customer intimacy and revenue flow.
- Education HBO/University/PhD
- Interest in high-tech life science consultancy
- Affinity with microscopy, life sciences and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, Dutch is a bonus
- Living in the Netherlands
More information about SVI
Scientific Volume Imaging (SVI) develops high-end software (Huygens) for microscopic images. Huygens is able to restore, visualize and analyze 3D fluorescence microscopy images and is used by academic research institutions worldwide. Huygens is the high-end affordable software solution recommended between peer scientists.
SVI’s main office is based in Hilversum (near Utrecht), close to two train stations and several highways so very good to reach. Everything related to our software is done inhouse. We develop and sell the Huygens software consisting of different image processing packages for microscopes. Another important part of our work is training our users who are Master or PhD students like yourselves.
Our customer’s work revolves around getting the most detailed, trustworthy images from all kind of microscopes from classical widefield, to STED super-resolution. Huygens offers 3D deconvolution, interactive analysis, volume visualization of all kinds of 3D microscopic data. Our customers work at worldwide highest ranking universities, institutes and companies which are active in the field of life-sciences , medical sciences and material research.
Being active in a demanding industry requires close contacts with forerunners in the field of microscopy techniques. SVI has nearly 30 years expertise in scientific image processing, which has resulted in active collaborations with renowned academic institutes worldwide (e.g. NIH, MIT, MPI, ETH) and an excellent name.
We’re searching for talents that feel at home at the crossroads of science and people. Visit out booth during the business days or come to the application training we’ll organize. See below for the detailed profiles.